Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months to a year.
The six parts of an auto policy
Your auto policy may include all 6 coverages or some of them. Each coverage is priced separately.
- Bodily Injury Liability – For injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
- Property Damage Liability – For damage the policyholder caused to someone else’s property.
- Collision – For damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision. The collision could be with another car, a light post, fire hydrant, etc.
- Comprehensive – For damage to the policyholder’s car that doesn’t involve a collision with another car. Covered risks include animal, fire, theft, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, flood, riot and civil commotion.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – For treatment of policyholder’s injuries as a result of collision with an uninsured driver. Underinsured motorist coverage can also be included in an auto policy. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has auto liability insurance, but the limit of insurance is inadequate to pay for your damages.
Each state requires that you have certain types of coverages with minimum liability limits. The insurance industry recommends that your bodily injury liability limits be $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident.
5950 Fairview Rd. Suite 305 Charlotte, NC 28210
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Evenings & Saturdays By Appointment
Telephone: (704) 554-5701
Fax: (704) 554-9907
My husband and I have relied heavily on the advice and counsel of Chance over the years in making necessary changes or upgrades to our insurance policies. He is so down to earth and knowledgeable in his field. We look forward to having Chance oversee our policies and needs for many more years to come. He's awesome!
I receive great service from the staff at Chance Perry's office. They are very helpful in updating my information and providing me with excellent service.
Beach Insurance & Financial Services has provided all of my insurance needs for years including personal as well as business. They have always been very knowledgeable and attentive to my needs. It is a great benefit to have an agent that consults with me and truly fits my needs to the products that will protect me and my family.
Chance has been very responsive and helpful in getting my son's auto insurance set up. He was very knowledgeable and made some good recommendations. I would highly recommend Chance.